In this article, we will cover how to add and set up an Airtable block with search, filters and what information to display.
Pory provides the option to add Airtable blocks to your app for displaying information as either a listing, grid or table format. To get started:
- Click on the Add Section button or hover over an existing section to reveal the Add Section button.
- Select Listing, Grid or Table under Data Blocks and choose a layout.
To connect an empty listing to an Airtable base:
- Hover over the section and click on the Edit Listing button
This will open up the block editor where you can edit your data source, card view and detailed view.
In the Airtable Setup option:
- Hover over Airtable block and click on Edit Listing (instructions above)
- Select which base to use for the Airtable block
- Select which table from the base to use
- Select the View Settings tab to sort the data by an Airtable View or field name (optional). You can also determine how many records to paginate records by.
- Select the Filters Settings tab to generate filters for your listing (optional). The easiest method is to use the Single or Multiple select fields options. This will turn any fields with that field type into filters automatically.
- Select the Search Settings tab to set up the search bar (optional). Determine which fields are searchable. E.g. Name, Company, Email.
- Click Save and Continue when you're ready!
The Card View editor maps your Airtable data to the listing, grid or table block selected. To edit the card view, make sure you are in the Card View section of the editor and:
- Select which field from your Airtable to use for each option E.g. Name for Title
Update background, border and shadow style
- Switch to the Appearance tab from the left sidebar
Determine how the detailed view should look when a user selects a card (record). Currently supports Modal, Link, Page, Side by Side view.
- Switch to Detailed View tab from the left sidebar
To change the card layout to a different listing or grid option:
- Select Card Template tab from the left sidebar.
- Select a new layout
The Detailed View editor maps your Airtable data to your layout which uses different layout blocks. To begin creating your detailed view layout
- Click on Add Block and select a layout
- Hover over the new block and click on the Edit icon
- Select which fields from your base to use for each option
- Click Save when you’re ready