Pory supports connecting users from Airtable to your app for a single source of truth. To get started:
- Go to user accounts
- Select Integrations
- Click on Connect
- Select the base, table and email field of your users table
In the scenario where you already have existing users on Airtable, we can create invitation links to invite them to create an account. Using an Airtable formula, we will generate a unique link for each record in your table.
- Create new field and select formula as the field type
- Copy and Paste the formula below. Change
[replace-domain]with your app's domain.
"https://YOUR-DOMAIN/account/signup/invite?source=airtable&code=" & RECORD_ID()
- Share the invitation link with each user. When you click on the link, it will take you to a sign up form. To save time, use an Airtable automation to send the emails out! 😄
Pory supports assigning users automatically to different user groups based on a field value from your users table when they sign up. E.g. You want to assign each employee (user) based on their Office Location.
To set up user groups field mapping:
- Navigate to integrations
- Click on Manage
- Select User Groups
- Select Field used to determine user group
- Map the field values to user groups
- Click Save
Users who sign up via an invitation link on Airtable will now be automatically added to the user groups based on the mapped field values.