In this article, we will learn how to create pages and update it’s settings including SEO and access permissions.
- Click on the page selector menu
- Click on the Add Page button
- Give your page a name. E.g. About Us
- Give your page a path. Needs to include a forward slash / and no spaces. E.g. /about-us
- Specify whether public access is allowed (paid feature)
- Restrict access to user groups (paid feature)
- Select Create Page
To update your page’s name, path and meta
- Click on the cog button from the page selector
- Click on the browser tab
This will open up an Edit Page pane
Each page in your app can contain different sets of permission rules to determine who can view and edit information. This is a paid feature that is part of the professional plan. Learn more about how user accounts work here.
There are two ways to open the permissions settings:
- Click on the page tab from the editor. I.e. Home
- Open the page selector and click on the settings button
1. Switch to the Access Control tab in page settings
Here you can view, edit and create new permission rules for the selected page.
Let’s create a rule for this employees directory page to restrict access to the users group employees only. You can learn more about user groups here.
By default, each page is viewable by everyone (including the public). Let’s start by removing this rule from the page.
- Click on the delete (bin) button to remove public access
If you try accessing the page as an end user, it will now take you to the log in page
- Click on Add Rule to create a new rule. There are 3 options to choose from:
- Allow Public Access (this is the rule we just removed)
- Create New User Group e.g. Employees
- Add existing User Group (e.g. you already have a user group called Employees)
- Create a new group called Employees with a meaningful description
Users who belong to the user group Employees can now access the page.
To view and update users in a group:
- Navigate to the User Groups & Rules page from the left sidebar
- Click on the View button of the user group
- Switch to the users tab
- Click on Page Selector
- Click on the Copy Icon Button on the page you want to clone
- Give your cloned page a new name and path