Pory now supports overriding default generated links which contains Airtable ids with your own pretty url. In this article, we will set up and sync pretty urls for your app to go
Create Pretty URL Field
First, let’s create a new field in your table to store the pretty URL for each record page
- Add a new Single Line Text field to your table e.g. Pretty Urls
- Enter a URL for each record e.g. /Pory
Create Pretty URLs with Formula
Most tables have hundreds if not thousands of records. We can use a formula to generate pretty URLs using a formula based on another field i.e. Product Title. This will lower case and hyphenate your field into a url.
- Add a new Formula field to your table e.g. Pretty URLs
- Copy and paste the formula below
- Replace Field_Name with your own Airtable field.
Unfortunately, pretty URLs do not get periodically synced and regenerated on Pory yet. To sync pretty URLs and generate a sitemap.
- Go into the editor
- Click on Edit Listing
- Switch to the Detailed View
- Click on SEO on the bottom
- Select your Pretty URL field
- Click Save and sync
Your record page should now use its pretty url. See Demo
Syncing your pretty urls will also generate a /sitemap.xml.