Creating Filters On Pory
To add filters to your site, you will need to create a table named "Filters" on your Airtable base.
In the following job board example, we will add filters to allow users to filter by City and Position.
with an Airtable base that is set up like so:
- Add a Filters table by clicking on the
+button next to your tables and name the table Filters (you will already have that created if you cloned our base).
- Leave the first column as Name and rename the second column to Field Name.
Note: this is case sensitive
|Name||The filter option to be displayed|
|Field Name||The name of the field from your content table e.g. site-content to filter by|
Let's populate the table. Fill the Name column with all the available options we want the users to filter by.
In this example for City: San Francisco, Remote, New York etc.
and for Position: Full-time, Part-time etc.
Then, in the Field Name column, specify which filter each option belongs to (City or Position).
- In your main table, add the fields City and Position and add the filter option for each record (you can add more than 1).
- Refresh your site and see the filters appear.
Do you need more filters? You can repeat the same steps to add more!
Both the filter types above are using dropdown menus. To change the type:
- In the editor, select the Settings button above your Airtable list. A right panel will appear for you to select a filter type for each of your filters.
Unfortunately, we currently don't support this with the current structure. However, you can use this format as a workaround.