In this article, we will cover how to
- View, manage and invite users to your app.
- Edit User’s Account and Sign Up Page
Haven't enabled the user account feature yet? Learn more here: User Account Setup
- Click on Users from the left navigation inside the app editor
To invite a user to your app:
- Navigate to the users page (follow step above)
- Click on Invite Users
- Enter user emails (add by either clicking on the add button or separated by commas)
- Click Send invites. An email with instructions to create an account will be sent. Please remind users to check spam if they don't receive anything!
You will see the status change when they create their account 🙂
In the scenario where you already have existing users on Airtable, we can create invitation links to invite them to create an account. Using an Airtable formula, we will generate a unique link for each record in your table.
- Create new field and select formula as the field type
- Copy and Paste the formula below. Change
[replace-domain]with your app's domain.
"https://YOUR-DOMAIN/account/signup/invite?source=airtable&code=" & RECORD_ID()
- Share the invitation link with each user. When you click on the link, it will take you to a sign up form. To save time, use an Airtable automation to send the emails out! 😄
To proceed, make sure all users are removed on Pory. You do not need to remove users from Airtable. This step is irreversible.
- Navigate to the users page (refer to step above)
- Click on the ant menu to open up menu
- Select update User Airtable
The user account page displays all the information that’s linked to a user (via linked records). It’s accessible by a user by visiting “My Account” in the published app.
- Select the Account page from the page selector
- Update fields and permissions
- Select the Sign Up page from the page selector