In this article, we will cover how to
- View, manage and invite users to your app.
- Edit User’s Account and Sign Up Page
Haven't enabled the user account feature yet? Learn more here: User Accounts
- Click on Users from the left navigation inside the app editor
Inviting New Users
To invite a user to your app:
- Navigate to the users page (follow step above)
- Click on Invite Users
- Enter user emails (add by either clicking on the add button or separated by commas)
- Click Send invites. An email with instructions to create an account will be sent. Please remind users to check spam if they don't receive anything!
You will see the status change when they create their account 🙂
Inviting Existing Users (from Airtable)
In the scenario where you already have existing users on Airtable, we can create invitation links to invite them to create an account. Using an Airtable formula, we will generate a unique link for each record in your table.
- Create new field and select formula as the field type
- Copy and Paste the formula below. Change
[replace-domain]with your app's domain.
"https://YOUR-DOMAIN/account/signup/invite?source=airtable&code=" & RECORD_ID()
- Share the invitation link with each user. When you click on the link, it will take you to a sign up form. To save time, use an Airtable automation to send the emails out! 😄
Updating Users Table
- Navigate to the users page (refer to step above)
- Click on the ant menu to open up menu
- Select update User Airtable